Sunday, June 17, 2007

To hell with privacy

I am in an important discussion at office , and my cell rings.

Caller: Good evening Sir, This is **** from citibank. You have a "first citizen" card with Shoppers stop , right.
Me : Yeah , I do
Caller: Sir , we are offering life time free credit card to "First Citizen" card holders.
Me : No I am not interested , thank you.(Disconnects)

I have been getting 2 calls a day now , one on my fixed line ,and one on my cell, wanting me to signup for a citibank credit card. Its a different person each day , with the same story. shopper's stop, citibank ...
All this , because I signed up with SHOPPER'S STOP 's loyalty program,a store that doesn't care 2 hoots for your privacy , and goes on to share your personal information with every tom dick and harry


The bottom line : Unless your life depends on it , be wary of divulging your personal details, because once you do , there is no respite.

No comments: